Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Fashion Room


!±8± The Fashion Room

Has anyone read the Glamour, Harper Bazaar and Vogue magazines this fall? I want to talk about the September/October issues. Very few things get my attention with "mainstream" fashion but a few revelations has happened to me since turning the big 3-0, this year. Yes, 30!!!

To give you a quick over view of who I am, I was raised a tomboy in a family of 16 siblings. I beat up boys in school and made them carry my books home. I wasn't the typical teenager where I wanted big parties, pretty dresses, and a marathon of shopping and talking about liking boys. I had a job. I Studied at home, read alot of books, crocheted, knitted, and sewed whatever I thought was fashionable. The only thing I liked was dressing up so the other girls would hate me for it, while all the boys drooled over me but was too scared to tell me. I would probably have them run home with a black eye for touching.

By my late teens, I still dressed better than everyone I knew and I loved wearing black. I was very mature for my age, (you know the catty attitude among women)I paid no attention because my company were always handsome young men who were capable of carrying intelligent conversation.

I never needed make up. But of course, by the time I was married and had my 3 boys I wore minimal make up for added drama affect. Other married women hated me!

last year I was 29. I've learned to let my grudge of pink (being a girlie color) go and I've discovered I actually liked seeing myself in pink. Their was something sensual in it. I pierced my ears, my tongue(to stop my studder. it works), and my belly. I still have such a fetish to get "down there" pierced too. But, when the time comes... Since turning 30, I've realized that I have evolved into much smoother lines. I love pink, the softer the better-especially my roses. I love skirts, flirty and authoritative. I've learned very early on to conscienciously speak with passion. I've gotten more points across by just stating my purpose , staying silent, and/or just walking away. Very rarely did I ever have to yell.

I now acknowledge others who stare in admiration with a nod or a twitch of an eyebrow. I smile more often when I'm not in the company of my children. I stopped taking what men say as insults, and learned to understand that they have no other way of expressing compliments which is the best this class of men can ever do. So, no I won't tell them to drop dead, or simply bite me or fuck off. It isn't nice! I've learned that it's safe to show appreciation to another woman by complimenting her on her fashion skillswithout coming off wrong. I've learned to show others I call my friends or associate how goofy I really am as well as my generosity.

I still find it a task to express to my one and only how I feel about them without thinking about how vulnerable I feel if I do. Its hard work when friendship betrayal is an unfortunate experience.

I've come back to making time for myself and decided to just buy a few fashion magazines off the shelf of a Walgreens store on Jamaica Avenue, in Queens, NY.. I was curious to see what the mainstream fashion designers have been up to. I used to love reading my mothers subscriptions of glamour, vogue, and bazaar when I was coming up. I stopped after marriage and a few kids and of course was consumed in my own fashion line to really care what others were working on. Very few things did I really like from Gucci, Versace, and Dolce & Cabana and so on. But now, I've opened up the magazines and for the first time I was instantly pissed off. Their fashions actually made sense.
I wanted to wear what the models were wearing! Oh boy did I get furious with myself. So, i went home read the books from cover to cover and got out some fabric and started sewing. Not out of inspiration, but because I needed to be better! When I was done making one 3-piece outfit I tried it on and loved what I was wearing, the fit and everything. But then, I looked at my face and I had no make up for the occasion. I looked in the magazines and picked a style of tips I liked and washed my face and applied the make up the way the make up artists explained in simple step-by-step instructions and VOILA! I loved everything about me, then I started to feel sick allover again. I know a few make up artists who I'm sure would do great jobs in this area of expertise, so I called my friends up and explained my troubles and we all said we will come up with something to show these mainstream designers who we are.

I looked in the mirror with my make up kits and decided to demonstrate my own style. I think I came up with something catchy, but you try it and be the judge.

Step 1
Wash your face with Avons clearskin face scrub.(It will open pores, remove dirt, and remove dead skin)

Step 2
apply the Aveeno body lotion to your face.(Ladies Aveeno works, It keeps your skin smooth in that sexy "can't stop touching yourself" way. And you can never put too much on...)

Step 3
Find the color mood you're in for the day, evening, or whatever. Choose 3 color palettes a metallic, light, and dark:
Use a Q-tip and line the top lid with a dark shade (for light skin, or light shade for dark skin) Don't lay it on thick, the lotion keeps skin smooth for it to glide on. Trust me, it will pop! Lightly dab...

Step 4
For dark skin use metallic hued shadow, sometimes white get the job done. Use shadow brush and put medium color eye lid below brow-bone. gently dab ladies, lightly.

Step 5
Your metallic platnum, silvers, or light golds on brow-bone below eye brow line. Use a cotton swab (clean) to dab lightly from inner eye outward on each level until each layer blends together slightly.

You'll look like your eyes are wearing the sky tones as the sun either comes up or goes down.
All application is translucent (not opaque/solid) so all it does is enhance the eye not totally cover with color.


The Fashion Room

Panasonic Ceiling Fan Purchase Saucony Kinvara Best Quality Cheaper Vicks Nyquil




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links